Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sealy Mattress Advertisement

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

This ad recently caught my eye on TV (probably because of the cute puppies). I instantly thought of how interesting the marketing was for mattresses. Most advertisements that I have seen for mattresses involve "fantastic back support" and "no more harsh springs". They leave you thinking, "Great, next time I need to put my glass of wine on my bed and jump on it simultaneously, it wont spill." It bores me to think about spending up to $1,400 on something so...ordinary. This commercial made me see buying a mattress differently, which is exactly what the company is trying to achieve. Their marketing team found a provocative method of modifying the promotion variable. I think  this is the most effective mattress advertisement I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment